Shock Absorbers & Struts
Because of our specialised role in the steering & suspension market, the Shock Shop have the largest range of Shock Absorbers to cover the wide variety of vehicles (including used Japanese imports) on the New Zealand roads. Years of in-depth research of the country’s car population is what makes the Shock Shop stand out.
- Monroe is the market leader in ride control products and the largest manufacturer of shock absorbers worldwide.
- Monroe Premium GT – Nitrogen gas charged shock absorbers that offer improved comfort at an economical price.
- Monroe Reflex - Maximum safety through greater stability and control without sacrificing comfort.
- Monroe Adventure – Specially developed for 4×4 vehicles for great off-road performance with maximum on-road comfort.
- Monroe Gas Riser – Ideal for vehicles that haul heavy loads or tow trailers
- OESpectrum® - premium gas-charged dampers using the latest technology to provide unprecedented handling precision and control while filtering out noise, vibration and harshness.
Bilstein offers exclusive valving systems that enhances shock absorber performance on your vehicle. Bilsteins deflective disc ‘rising rate’ valving system has set an unequalled standard in shock absorber performance for over 40 years. Bilstein shocks are fully re-valvable and rebuildable.
- Highest quality seals manufactured for long life.
- Piston rod strong enough to lift 20 tons.
- Rising rate value system dampens all bumps. No spring loaded ball check valves to wear out
- Single tube design helps dissipate heat to prevent shock fade.
- Patented nitrogen gas pressure principle gives better control, saftey and comfort
- Precision seamless tube to tolerances of .00058mm
RS9000X 9 position adjustable, Tri-Tube design shock absorber. The ultimate shock absorber, the first and only Tri-Tube, true 9 position, quick adjust shock. Provides total ride control in both on and off road environments
- Allows full adjustability of all four shocks in any of 9 damping positions…in less than 60 seconds, without removing from vehicle
- Automatically sets compression and rebound damping while selecting the most efficient performance curve for each setting.
- Tri-Tube, mono flow, cellular gas design.
- Unequalled 15 stage velocity sensitive valving controls compression and rebound.
- New VFC (variable force control) technology delivers a combination of performance, durability and adjustability never before available.
- Double O-ring sealed Dupont Zytel super tough nylon knob adjusts both compression and rebound settings
- Rear shocks can be adjusted for greater firmness than front shocks for towing of carrying loads.
- Urethane bushings.
- 5/8″ Diameter hardened chrome rod.
- 1-3/8″ diameter piston with Nitrile seal.
TEIN participates in the motorsports scene as part of the development process. The information gathered from motorsport is fed back to all of our products so that our customers can enjoy this high performance on the streets. Some may think that this level of performance is too much for the streets. However, we aim to give an answer to these aggressive drivers who are not satisfied with other suspension kits.
16 Levels of damping force adjustment on certain kits
Pillowball top mounts with camber adjust on certain kits
Newly design spring seat and seat lock for trouble free height adjustment
Full length adjustment system for seperate ride height and spring preload adjustment