Your car isn’t performing correctly. You book it in for a service, the prognosis; you need new shock absorbers. Rather than relying solely on the word of the mechanic, you want evidence and deserve it. Which is why THE SHOCK SHOP has invested in a system designed to give customers confidence and proof.
Complementing the specialist technical skills of all THE SHOCK SHOP team, the German designed and manufactured M-Tronic Shock Absorber Tester is the only machine of its kind in New Zealand. Using the latest in computer technology, the Tester in plain and simple language and graphics – tells you exactly the state of your shocks. On the spot. Within minutes.
Tests have shown that if just one shock absorber is worn a car may need an extra 2.6 metres to stop. That could be the difference between stopping safely and crashing.
Does your car do any of the following?
- Does your steering wheel vibrate uncomfortably?
- Does your car rock & roll a lot over uneven surfaces?
- Does the bonnet of your car dip down when you brake to stop or slow down?
- Does your car veer in side winds?
- Are your tyres wearing unevenly?
- Does your car stabilise after one bounce when pushed down on the bonnet?
- Do your shock absorbers show signs of leakage?